At Valley Hospital, our top priority is to provide a safe, healing environment for our patients. As with every aspect of your stay, our staff is available to assist you and answer any questions you might have. If there are items you are unsure of, don’t hesitate to ask. We’re here for you.
- Clothing – Plan to bring clothing for three days as there is limited storage and a washer/dryer is available at no charge
- Shoes – Slip-on shoes are suggested (no shoestrings allowed)
- Personal Hygiene Supplies – toothbrush, toothpaste, shower shoes, unopened travel-sized products, deodorant and feminine sanitary items (no alcohol-based products, aerosols or toiletry items with pumps)
- Makeup is allowed but will be kept in storage and made available on request
- Warm pajamas (must be modest/appropriate)
- Outerwear – jackets or sweaters that are seasonally appropriate
- Tobacco Products – only unopened and in original packaging, for adult use only and to be used during designated breaks as determined by unit rules
- Home Medications – will be stored in the unit pharmacy and dispensed as directed
- Food is not allowed
- No electronic equipment, including cellular devices, iPods, iPads or other tablets, cameras, laptops, DVD players, earbud, headphones, beepers, alarm clocks, radios or recording devices
- No shoestrings, drawstrings or belts
- No hairdryers, curling irons, flat irons, etc.
- No clothing with inappropriate artwork depicting alcohol, drugs or violence, or with inappropriate language, phrases or pictures
- No jewelry (wedding bands are the one exception)
- No items with sharp edges or points, items containing glass or flammable liquids
- No drugs or alcoholic beverages
- No knives, guns or other protective devices
- No pens, pencils or binders with metal spirals
- No nail files, disposable razors, clippers
- No needles, hooks or wire hangers
- No stuffed animals, blankets or pillows
NOTE: Patients will not have access to an ATM machine or to the internet during their stay at Valley Hospital. All valuables should be left at home as Valley Hospital and its staff will not be responsible for personal items. Items stored in our facility lock-up will not be accessible throughout the length of stay. Please be aware that patients are here for a variety of different reasons. Some patients may have additional restrictions. We ask that you neither lend nor give out any personal property or items while here.