This level of care provides intensive supervision and support to patients experiencing a serious psychiatric crisis. With a small doctor-to-patient ratio designed to meet the needs of the seriously mentally ill (SMI) population, our primary focus here is to provide rapid stabilization, short-term hospitalization and ongoing monitoring and management of each individual’s psychiatric symptoms. Our goal, after stabilization, is to help patients identify emotional issues that trigger symptoms and develop healthy lifestyle patterns and the coping skills needed to prevent relapse.
PICU services include:
- A full continuum of mental health services exclusively designed for rapid stabilization
- A professional team of psychiatrists, master’s prepared therapists and social workers, and 24/7 nursing care
- Development of a collaborative interdisciplinary treatment plan
- Integration, education and coordination with primary care providers and the referring agency
- Active, individualized, comprehensive education as it relates to the SMI population
- Specialized groups with a psychoeducational focus
- Diagnosis and medication education as they relate to the SMI population
- Relationships and healthy boundaries
- Coping skills
- Anger management
- Relapse prevention and medication compliance
- Access to chemical dependency groups, Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous
Planning A Visit?
It all begins with a free, confidential assessmentSchedule An Appointment